What is Schema Markup?
Schema Markup, also known as structured data, is the language of search engines. The data acts as a tool for search engines to read and understand the information on websites, enabling better search results and SEO services. The visitors on the website get access to rich snippets of information that they require about the site they are on.
How does Schema Markup add value to SEO?
Here is how Schema Markup helps SEO services:
- Schema tells search engines what the data means. As a result, the content on the website gets indexed and returned in search results. However, instead of the traditional results where a word from the data gets displayed in the search results, the exact word/phrase is said with added valuable information.
- Schema Markup uses a unique semantic vocabulary in microdata format. However, web markups still use HTML without new coding skills in search results. Therefore, a collaborative effort is used for code markers where search engines get clarity on what to do with the data.
- Schema Markup was invented for users. With a proper Schema Markup system, users can see what the website is about in the SERPs. It is like a virtual business card for the website.
Why is Schema Markup necessary for SEO services?
In the following ways, Schema Markups helps affordable SEO services become popular:
- Schema Markups create rich snippets. These snippets of information attract site visitors and help in improving the traffic to the website.
- The primary source for data is Schema Markup. When SEO comes into play, all information would not have been understandable by search engines without this.
- Website owners can use the snippets and become well-known entities in the knowledge graph.
- Even for non-branded inquiries on the internet, your brand can be the needed solution to the queries.
- Schema markup is a vital component of structured data that makes semantic web search possible.
What are the types of Schema Markups?
The most common types of Schema Markups in use are:
1. Organization Schema Markup
The organization schema markup provides details about your company’s profile, including the logo, social media handles, and contact info. As a result, visitors won’t have to dig deeper to figure out the basic information about the organization they are interested in.
2. Person Market Schema Markup
The Person Market schema markup provides details about an individual’s name, birth date, address, and educational qualifications. Therefore, when someone searches for someone, the search engines automatically assume that you want the basic information about them. Thereby, they make a snippet on the homepage that includes all details.
3. Local Business Schema Markup
The Local Business Schema Markup is beneficial for local businesses, especially small businesses that want to be discoverable in their location. Interested shoppers can find details like the name, location, and opening hours of companies near them. One can use this type of schema markup for a branch of an organization.
4. Product and Offer Schema Markup
The Product and Offer schema markup is used to sell a product or a service. The user can discover details about the product, such as its price and availability, and offers like discounts. The benefit of this schema markup is that it allows the user to compare the product/service with their competitors.
5. Article Schema Markup
The Article schema markup is mainly used for blog posts and news articles. The reader can easily understand the content on the page by looking at details such as the headline, time of publishing, and a related image. However, there are many types of article schema markups for different articles, such as scholarly articles.
6. Video Schema Markup
Understanding the content in videos is challenging for search engines. Therefore, a video schema markup helps search engines crawl and index videos. Apart from YouTube, your video can appear in the Google video search result.
7. Event Schema Markup
The Event schema markup provides details about events happening in and around, such as webinars and concerts. This helps people be aware of the events and know how to purchase tickets to those events.
8. Recipe Schema Markup
As the name suggests, a Recipe schema markup is used for recipe website pages to show as a rich snippet. Food enthusiasts can evaluate the final product before clicking on the link.
9. Rating/Review Schema Markup
Rating or reviews are necessary for the user before purchasing a product or a service. The Rating/Review schema markup displays the best ratings/reviews on the SERP pages. Users can quickly evaluate the worthiness of the product/service they are interested in.
Apply schema markups is much easier than it seems. Furthermore, it is one of the best practices you can implement into your web pages for better SEO services. These markups can help you stand out in SERPs and contribute to web content development. Additionally, once your website is included in the knowledge graph, then there are other benefits you will get to enjoy.