Vape, referred to as e-liquid or e-juice, is a liquid used in e-cigarettes and vaporizers. It is usually made up of a mixture of propylene glycol, flavorings, vegetable glycerin, and nicotine. The role of vape juice is to create vapor. When the vaporizer heats the liquid, it vaporizes and creates a cloud of vapor that the user inhales.
The flavorings give the vapor its taste and smell. The nicotine in the juice is optional and can be included in different levels or left out altogether. Vapes come in many flavors, such as tobacco and menthol, fruit, dessert, drink, and flavors you make yourself.
This juice contains the following ingredients:
- Propylene glycol (PG): It is a colorless, tasteless, almost odorless liquid commonly used as a base in many food and personal care products. It is also a common ingredient in vape because it is thin and mixes well with flavorings.
- Vegetable glycerin (VG): It is a clear, colorless, thick liquid derived from vegetables. It is commonly used as a base in vape because it is sweet and can produce a lot of vapor when heated.
- Flavorings: These are what give the juice its taste and smell. They are typically made from food-grade flavorings and are added to the vape base in small quantities.
- Nicotine: It is an optional ingredient in vape juice and a stimulant naturally found in tobacco.
Choosing the Right One
A few factors to consider when choosing vape juice include flavor, nicotine content, and propylene glycol (PG) ratio to vegetable glycerin (VG). Here is a closer look at each factor:
- Flavor: The juice flavor can significantly affect the vaping experience, so choosing a flavor you enjoy is essential.
- Nicotine content: Another factor to consider when choosing to vape is the nicotine content.
- VG/PG ratio: A higher VG content can produce more vapor and a smoother throat hit, while a higher PG content can produce less vapor but a stronger throat hit.
Different flavors available in the market:
There are various flavors of e-liquid available, giving you endless options to pick from. Some popular flavors include blueberry, watermelon, peach, pineapple, raspberry, and mango.
- Blueberry lemon mint: This flavor combines the sweet and tangy taste of blueberries with the refreshing taste of mint and lemon.
- Watermelon strawberry mint: It combines the juicy, refreshing taste of watermelon with the sweet and tart flavor of strawberry, mixed with a hint of mint.
- Peach pineapple mint: It contains sweet and juicy peaches with the tropical taste of pineapple, added with a refreshing minty finish.
- Raspberry lemonade mint: This flavor combines the sweet and tart taste of raspberries with the refreshing taste of lemonade, blended with a hint of mint.
- Mango strawberry mint: It has the sweet and tropical flavor of mango with the sweet and tart flavor of strawberry with a refreshing minty finish.
When picking the right nicotine strength for your vape, you should consider how you like nicotine and how much experience you have with it. It is also essential to keep safety in mind when handling the ingredients and equipment used in the process. Make sure to follow proper safety guidelines and use high-quality, food-grade ingredients. It’s worth noting that making your vape can be more time-consuming than purchasing pre-made e-liquid.
With the availability of several products, you can purchase them directly instead of a DIY. However, read a few brand reviews before making the purchase.