Jaisalmer, one of Rajasthan’s most charming and beautiful places to visit, is situated in the middle of the Thar desert (The great Indian Desert). Jaisalmer can also be called “The Golden City“. “The Golden City of Rajasthan” is another name for Jaisalmer. This amazing spot is visited by many people to admire its beauty. Jaisalmer Fort is another fort. Here, you can also find the Jain temples. Jaisalmer is known for its desert camps, where you can camp. A camping trip to Jaisalmer will bring joy and charm to all. Here’s the guide to a half-day desert safari in Jaisalmer.
- You can pick up your luggage from the hotel at 4.00 p.m., and you will arrive at Sam Sand Dunes by 5.00 p.m.
- You can enjoy the jeep and camel safaris from 5.30 to 7.30 in the evening.
- The mesmerizing Rajasthani Cultural Experience is a must-see
Programs at the desert camp that will make your evening memorable.
- Enjoy a meal prepared by local chefs.
- You must leave the desert camp no later than 11.00 PM at night to make it to the beginning point of your journey.
What to Do in Jaisalmer while Camping
- Camel Safari:
The most popular activity in Jaisalmer is camel safari. This place offers a thrilling ride on a camel.
- Rajasthani Foods:
It is important to try the delicious and healthy Rajasthani food, which includes Bajra ki roti.
- Visit Kuldhara Town:
Kuldhara village, located 20km from Jaisalmer city, is a lovely village. The mythology surrounding this village makes it a popular spot. Many consider the village to be haunted. The Archaeological Survey of India manages Kuldhara village, a historical site.
The village gates open at 8.00 am and close at 6.00 pm. Because this area is haunted, the gates of this village must be closed at sunset.
Parasailing is a thrilling and adventurous activity in Jaisalmer. Parasailing in Sam Sand Dunes, Jaisalmer is a fun and charming experience.
The Best Weather to Visit Jaisalmer for Camping
Winter is the best time to camp in Jaisalmer. It’s a magical season. The best season to camp in Jaisalmer is October through February.
Half-Day Desert Safari: What’s Included?
- Transport facility
- Camel ride to the sand dunes
- Tea, snacks, and mineral water.
- You can pick up or drop off your luggage in the city.
- Entry/Admission – Kuldhara Abandoned Village
- Entry/Admission – Desert Safari Jaisalmer
- Entry/Admission – Jaisalmer Sunset Point
Half-Day Desert Safari: Items Not Included
- Drinks containing alcohol
- Personal expenses such as shopping, telephones, etc.
- Jaisalmer City Tour
- Other beverages
- Travel insurance
- Peak season supplementary charges
- Other services not listed in the itinerary
- At the time of booking, confirmation will be sent.
- This location is not accessible for a wheelchair.
- Public transportation is available near the desert.
- Children must be seated on the laps of their guardians or parents.
- For those with back problems, this desert safari is not recommended.
- Pregnant women should not go on a desert safari.
- People with serious medical conditions or heart disease should not go on a desert safari.
- Desert safaris require good weather. Bad weather can cancel your safari. If this happens, the date will be altered or the money refunded.
Here is the guide to a half-day desert safari. It would be both enjoyable and charming. The amazing city of Jaisalmer in Rajasthan is worth a visit with your family and friends. You must try the delicious, local food. This place is a favorite among people because the desert safaris are so enjoyable and provide the best hospitality.
It will be a joyous experience for everyone to meet local people, learn about their culture and traditions, and listen to their stories. Half-day desert safari is an exciting and adventurous safari that can be done in Jaisalmer. Jaisalmer is home to many beautiful and amazing places. This half-day desert safari also includes Jaisalmer city.