CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is a standardized National Level Entrance Exam for admission to India’s 22 National Law Universities (NLUs). In India, most private and self-financed Law Schools use these scores for admittance.
CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is an all-India entrance examination held by National Law Schools/Universities (NLUs) for admission to their undergraduate and graduate degree programs (LL.B & LL.M). The task for administering the exam is cycled among NLUs and assigned based on seniority in the organization. CLAT 2022 will be held on 19 June 2022.
CLAT 2022: Up-to-Date Information
CLAT will be held twice in 2022, according to the most recent updates. CLAT Exam will be administered for the first time, which will be twice a year. “Prior, ” read an official statement from the Consortium of National Law Universities.
On May 8, 2022, the CLAT-2022 will be held. However, the CLAT 2022 Exam Date has been revised by the NLU Consortium. The CLAT 2022 Exam will be placed on June 19, 2022, till further notice. CLAT-2023 will be held on December 18, 2022, according to the consortium. In 2022, two CLAT examinations will be held in a single year.”
CLAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must confirm that they meet the CLAT 2022 Eligibility requirements before filling out the application form. CLAT UG Eligibility 2022 includes information about the age limit and educational requirements.
CLAT UG and PG have different Eligibility criteria. However, students should check the Eligibility Criteria prior to filling out the CLAT Application Form.
CLAT (UG) Eligibility Criteria
Candidates for unreserved seats must have received at least a 45 percent or comparable grade in Class 12 or an equivalent test. The minimum score for applicants from Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (SC, ST) is 40%.
Educational Qualification for CLAT (UG)
The CLAT Educational Qualification is described in detail below. The candidate must have finished a recognized university or board’s 10+2 or equivalent examination.
Candidates who have completed their senior year of high school are eligible to take the Common Law Admission Test. Such candidates, on the other hand, will only be considered for admission if they meet all of the other qualifying requirements listed below.
- The candidate must have passed a recognized board or university’s class 12th or equivalent test.
- The percentage criterion for General/OBC/Specially-abled Person (SAP) is 45 percent.
- The percentage criteria for SC/ST are 40%.
Age Limit for CLAT 2022 UG
There is no upper age limit for individuals applying for CLAT 2022, according to the CLAT eligibility requirements. The CLAT PG or UG examination has no maximum age limit.
CLAT (PG) Eligibility Criteria
For unreserved seats, candidates must have completed their LLB graduation with a minimum of 50%. The minimum score for SC and ST candidates is 45 percent or an equivalent grade. CLAT 2022 is open to candidates who have taken the qualifying exam.
NOTE – In addition, there is no age limit for taking the exam.
CLAT 2022: How to prepare for CLAT Exam?
The following is the new CLAT 2022 exam format as shared by the CLAT Consortium, along with major features:
- Exam mode consists of a pen-and-paper test.
- 120 minutes are allotted for the exam.
- Timings for the tests are 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- There are 150 questions in total.
- The total number of points is 150.
- Marking Scheme – 1 mark will be given for each right answer. 0.25 marks will be removed for each incorrect answer.
Examine the numerous methods for preparing for CLAT 2022.
- Start Early – If you start early, you’ll have plenty of time to finish the CLAT course and then do a comprehensive revision before the exam. When you have enough time to study for the CLAT, you can obtain more in-depth knowledge and prepare for the exam.
- CLAT Exam Pattern – Knowing the CLAT exam pattern will give you an advantage over the competition because you will be aware of the number of questions and their weighting. This will assist you in developing a strategy to organize your study schedule, as well as provide you with an estimate of how long it will take you to pass the CLAT exam.
- Solve CLAT mocks and sample papers – Taking the CLAT mocks and solving the sample papers will give you a good sense of what the CLAT actual exam would be like. Hitbullseye CLAT mock test results will also show you how much more effort you need to put in to pass the CLAT exam.
- Know your strengths and weaknesses – After enough practice with CLAT mocks and sample papers, you will have the results in hand, indicating which CLAT parts you need to focus on more.
- Learn to manage your time – Practising and solving mock exams and practicing papers can surely help you prepare faster. Your ability to answer CLAT section questions quickly enough will allow you to revise.
- CLAT 2022 Exam Day Instructions – What Should You Do Before the Exam?
Check out the points below to help you relax on Exam Day or the night before the exam.
- Candidates should acquire at least 7-8 hours of sleep before the entrance exam to maintain mental serenity.
- To avoid any issues, candidates should bring all required documents to the exam center, including their CLAT 2022 admit card and picture id proof, and double-check them
- Candidates should have prior awareness about the CLAT exam centre assigned to them in order to avoid complications at the last minute.
- Candidates should arrive half an hour before the reporting time to ensure that the essential verification and other criteria are performed on time.
- Candidates should scrutinize the seating arrangement and double-check their name and roll number on the seat to avoid wasting time.
Aspirants taking the CLAT 2022 Exam should keep these points in mind in order to perform well in the exam.