You must have a content strategy if you want to keep your website and keywords in the top spots.
On top of that, you must use some content to keep it going. It could be short content or long content. In this blog, we’ll talk about what “long-form content” is and what it can do for you.
What Is Long-Form Content?
Long-form content can be described in many different ways, even though it might seem obvious.
Some people think that articles with more than 700 words are long-form, while others think that they have to have more than 1,800 words.
Let’s say, for the sake of argument, that “long-form content” means articles with 1,200 words or more.
What are the benefits of Long-Form Content?
Here are some reasons why writing long-form content is a good idea:
- It makes your content or blog rank higher in search engines. It also gets people to spend more time on your page, which is good for SEO.
- It makes people more interested and gets more social shares.
- It gives your brand or agency a good name.
- It lets you link out more, which leads to more partnerships and referrals. It lets you give your audience more educational content, which builds trust. It gives you more opportunities to link back, which helps search engines trust you.
- It makes more room for interesting calls to action, which leads to more sales.
- It lets you reuse more content for future posts. It makes people more likely to talk about and comment on your blog.
Long-form Content Examples
Long-form content comes in many forms and can help in different ways. You need to know about all the different kinds so you can choose the one that works best for your industry.
The case study is a professional piece of writing about a happy client that shows the problem they were having and how your brand helped them.
A white paper is a long blog post that gives a detailed answer or resource.
E-books are gated downloads that usually solve long-term problems or give step-by-step instructions.
A definitive guide is a file that can be downloaded and used as a tutorial or guide to a solution.
An annual year in review is a blog post or newsletter that you post every year to show how your brand has grown and how it has faced problems.
Roundups and reviews:
These are lists of referral partners or resources that you use and can review for your audience.
Brochures and datasheets:
It can be in the form of slide decks, one-pagers, or infographics to help people understand your services or products.
Short-Form vs. Long-Form Content
To help you figure out how long your content should be, you need to first know what short-form content is and what long-form content is.
You probably already know how to make different kinds of content, like videos, infographics, social content, interactive content, and so on. But just as you probably have a process for figuring out which one to use, you also need to figure out how long your content should be. To get the detailed knowledge you should connect with a professional seo services company.
Now you should know why long-form content is useful and what people want at the moment.
If you need any kind of SEO service, feel free to get in touch with us.