The CUET 2022 curriculum, previous year’s question papers, practice papers, and preparation strategy will all be covered in this post. Continue reading to learn more. The Central Universities Entrance Test has been made an obligatory admission requirement by the Government of India under the New Education Policy.
The test is required of students seeking admission to various programs at central institutions. The test was previously known as CUCET (Central Universities Common Entrance Test). The name CUET has now taken its place.
Important CUET 2022 Updates:
- Registration Dates: 06 April to 06 May 2022. Visit https://cuet.samarth.ac.in/ for further information.
- Proposed Test Dates- The exam is scheduled to take place in two sessions during the first and second weeks of July 2022.
- Time allotted for each exam slot: Slot 1: 195 minutes (3:15 hrs.)
25 minutes in slot 2 (3:45 hrs.)
Why should you take the CUET Exam in 2022?
The test aims to shift the country’s education system away from rote learning and toward an outcome-based approach.
CUCET, which is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA), is likely to disregard board scores as the only criterion for admission.
It will save time, money, and effort for the students. Students will also simply have to prepare for and take one common test.
- Eligibility Criteria for CUET Exam 2022: The applicant must have completed the 12th grade with a minimum of 60%. If the student is in the 12th grade, they must present the relevant documentation during the verification process.
- For UG courses, a minimum of 50% in the General category is required. For SC/ST students, there is a 5% discount.
- For PG applicants, a 55 percent overall score in the General category is required. For SC/ST students, there is a 5% discount.
- For Ph.D. programs, students must hold a postgraduate degree in the relevant field with a minimum of 55% for general candidates. OBC applicants receive 50% of the marks, while SC/ST/PWD candidates receive 45 percent.
- For Ph.D. candidates: Candidates who have passed the CSIR, UGC NET (JRF), GATE, or NBHM must enrol for the test. They are not required to take the admission exam.
Exam 2022 of the CUET Assamese, Bengali, English, Hindi, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odiya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, and Urdu are the 13 languages in which the CUCET test will be given.
The exam will be broken into the components below:
1. Reading Comprehension Sections IA and IB: Languages to be assessed
2. Domain-Specific Section
3. General Aptitude (Section III)
Key Points for the CUET Exam 2022:
- The CUET 2022 test will be offered in two sessions on different days. The exam slot will be determined by the subjects that the students have chosen. The two-time slots will be in the morning and afternoon shifts, respectively.
- In Slot 1, applicants can take up to four examinations (morning shift). One language from Section IA, a maximum of two domain-specific subjects from Section II, and one General Test from Section III are included in these tests (General Aptitude).
- Candidates can take a maximum of 5 exams in Slot 2 (afternoon shift) in the following ways.
- A maximum of three domain-specific topics from Section II and two languages from Section IA & IB
Marking Scheme for CUET Exam 2022:
There will be a total of 175 questions. Out of the entire amount of questions, a candidate must attempt 140. The test will be in a multiple-choice format. Each accurate answer will receive one point. There will also be a 0.25-point negative marking.
Mock Exam for CUET 2022
Mock tests are useful for a variety of reasons. It allows applicants to practice from a large number of different question banks. It will improve their accuracy and quickness. Candidates who take a sufficient number of practice exams have a better probability of scoring higher.
CUCET Question Papers from Previous Years
Candidates should review the previous year’s question papers and materials to get a better understanding of the test format. To view past year’s CUET question papers, go to the official NTA CUCET website.
Students can consult previous year’s question papers by consulting certain books –
1. R Gupta’s CUCET: UG/UI – Previous Years’ Papers & Practice Test Papers (Solved).
2. Career Launcher’s CUET 2022: 35 Practice Sets
3. Team Altis Vortex’s NTA CUET General Test Book.
Important things to keep in mind when learning CUET questions from past years:
- Use CUCET’s previous year’s question papers to research the sections and subjects.
- The student will have a better understanding of many topics that have been covered in previous years, which will aid you in preparing for CUCET 2022.
- Students can better manage their time.
- Students will be able to determine which sections require more or less time, allowing them to arrange their preparation accordingly.
- Aspirants will have a general notion of the marking method, which will help them stay focused.
The Advantages of Solving Previous Year’s CUET 2022 Question Papers
- With consistent practice, students may discover their strong and weak areas.
- Candidates will find it easy to fix their weak areas.
- Candidates will be able to identify repeating subjects and questions, which is a fantastic technique for successfully revisiting all topics and concepts.
Where Can I Find Good Books for CUCET Exam Preparation in 2022?
- Finding a useful reference book is a difficult undertaking in and of itself.
- Choose the most recent version, which contains all of the most up-to-date material based on the most recent curriculum. The study guide should cover the majority of the subjects included in the CUET Exam 2022 syllabus.
- There should be plenty of practice activities, questions, and sample papers for the applicant to complete.